the two brown chairs, but I am still debating on a color. I am leaning toward a green for a pop of color, but...I just can't seem to make a final decision. Hats off to Mammy for a all the beautiful sewing. As Tyler was working on the curtains today he said, "Do you think we'll be able to do this for our grandkids?" I said, "I don't know. Maybe!" His response, "Maybe I'll just give them some money. This was a lot of work!" (Very Tyler!)
Here are the curtains.

And the bumper pads that gave mom a real headache... As we were searching for fabric, mom said over and over how she thought the soft minky dot should be the inside of the fabric, so in the end that is what we ended up with. As we were putting them on the bed, she was telling me how terrible this minky dot fabric was to sew on and to not pick that out again. I reminded her, that Kathryn's grandmother was the one that thought she HAD to sleep on that soft material. She looked at me like I was crazy and asked which grandmother. When I reminded her it was her, she laughed and said to remind her to keep her mouth shut!


The chandelier! My dad and Tyler worked 3 hours (yes, you read that correct) on hanging the chandelier yesterday. It is an antique of Tyler's aunts that Libby found for us. I was trying to make it a little more "glamish" by tying the ribbons on it, but I admit I could have gone overboard. My dad and Tyler thought it looked crazy, but at the thought of taking it down, the quickly changed their tune to the prettiest chandelier they had ever seen!

Other pics!



The picture over the dresser is an old family picture. It hung in my mom's room and her sister's rooms. It also hung in my brother's room, my room, and now Kathryn's room!
Betsey, Kathryn's room is beautiful! Mammy did a beautiful job with the sewing (as expected). I love the room. Can't wait to see her in it!!
ReplyDeleteHey, Tyler and I thought we were getting paid by the hour so no rush on the light on our part. Maybe the next light will go faster. Papa
ReplyDelete