Tuesday, October 4, 2011

14 Months and 16 weeks





Kathryn turned 14 months a couple of weeks ago, but due to all of our travel and busy life, I am just getting around to documenting it!She continues to be SUCH A JOY! I wake up most mornings to her singing or talking in the bed. And lots of mornings when I go get her, she is hanging on her rails "jumping like a monkey." I don't know how tall she is or how much she weighs, but I KNOW she is tall and she weighs close to 30 pounds (or that's what it feels like). She probably is closer to 25 pounds though. Her hair is really starting to grow! I actually gave her a trim on Sunday, because it looked so shaggy. She has this precious little cloth pocket given to us by one of my friends parents that I saved the hair in. A LITTLE curl at the bottom of her hair can been seen at times, but I think it will be straight like mine. Tyler's is curly (he keeps it so short you wouldn't know), but I keep hoping she'll have a little more body than mine. She eats like a HORSE! Literally! For breakfast she eats an entire bowl of oatmeal plus a banana and sometimes Pop's or Mammy's bread. (Yes - all of that!) For lunch and dinner she usually eats a NICE size portion of mac and cheese or green beans plus two kinds of fruit. She will eat just about any fruit. She ALSO eats a snack about 9:00 and 3:00 which is usually a WHOLE pack of peanut butter crackers or LOTS of goldfish or sometimes fruit. She is starting to like more foods we eat. She recently ate some carrots dipped in ranch, lasagna, and a few bites of chicken nuggets from Chick-fil-a. Yesterday she had her FIRST happy meal. Really it was milk, apples, and chicken nuggets, but she did LOVE dipping her nuggets in the sauce. The first nugget I cup up, but she wouldn't eat that. She wanted to eat the whole nugget and dip. Every time she dipped she would say "dip dip" and have the biggest smile. She now has 9 teeth (a back tooth came in last month) and I think the other back tooth is not far behind. She rarely cries or fusses unless she is hungry or tired (a lot like me)!
Her vocabulary is really big. She tries to say everything I say. Some words I understand and others I don't. Most recently she said book, but truly she says something new every day. She has said all of her grandparents names this month. Pop and Papa have been in the vocabulary for awhile, but she can now say Mammy and Gran and she even said Zaisie once. She has discovered coloring this month and asks for the colors at the table and often when we go out to eat.

Her favorite toy is a Bo Jackson Bobble Head that "miraculously" appeared at our rental. It was discovered in our move and I thought we (Tyler and me) had decided to trash it, BUT it somehow got here and was discovered by Kathryn. She loves carrying it around and making it's head bobble. She also loves to carry her purse. She can stack the blocks, pour tea for us, match some of the pieces of her puzzle. She loves the lion in it and regularly comes and makes it "roar" at me. She has discovered just recently how to make her pony ride forward and HATES the vacuum. She used to like it and for some reason is now deathly afraid of it.





Fall has been a delight for her with the leaves amazing her. Grass is a new discovery and she loves to run around in our new grassy front yard. Each day she smiles with glee when Daddy walks in the door. Though she won't call him daddy. Mama and Papa have been used and every once in awhile we hear dada, but mostly she just glows when she sees him. They laugh and play after supper and he always gives her a great bath. Sometimes accompainied with a song on his guitar.






She continues to like Music class and Mothers Day Out. I enjoy watching her at music. We've only been four times, but she is learning the routine and she recognizes the songs.

Last week when I dropped her off at Mother's Day Out she clapped and went right in! Here is a picture of her two sweet teachers. Mrs. Laura and Mrs. Amanda.



Baby #2 is 16 weeks in the womb. He or she is growing at a rapid rate according to my stomach!! I am definately showing and all sickness is gone! I go to the doctor next week, so I'll post again with updates. We'll find out at 20 weeks if it is a boy or a girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment