Wednesday, September 14, 2011

New City, New House, and a New BABY!

Well, every time I have seen someone they have mentioned I haven't updated the blog! I do have good reasons though. The weekend before July 1st, Tyler and I packed a small Uhaul and moved necessities to Montgomery, AL. AUM (Auburn Montgomery) was so gracious to allow us to live in a home they own for awhile until we could sell our house and get settled. It is a rather large house set on a huge piece of land. We have a barn, a green house and even a cat!








After months of searching, we finally found a NEW HOUSE! Our house search was very different here than in Birmingham. We really didn't know where we wanted to be and EVERYONE had different opinions. We finally found a house Tyler and I both liked and it happens to be the neighborhood where I search started, and we thought we didn't want to be, but....McGehee Estates it is! It's an older neighborhood closer to downtown - not out East (the newer area). Here are some pics. Yes, it looks a lot like our old house.

The front

Foyer

Formal Living room

Formal Dining


Kitchen

Den


Screened Porch/Playroom

Bedrooms



Backyard


Now, the new baby...there isn't much to say except I have been sick since the day I found out and in some ways even before I found out. I am finally to week 13, so I am HOPING I feel better soon! Tyler and I are thrilled and we can't wait to see if it is a boy or a girl. Only seven weeks to go! We should be moved in and ready to paint - pink or blue!

Kathryn is growing and changing daily. She is fully walking. I haven't seen her crawl in over a week. She continues to be so social. Every time I take her to the grocery store she says hey to EVERYONE! She loves to say buy as well. Her new favorite word is cookie. She crawls to the cabinet and points to the top and says "cookie" as clear as I do. We've joined a Kindermusic class and it fun to see her with the other kids. She is very active, more so than any other child (or it seems to me) and the place she wants to be the most is in the CENTER of the circle. I'm not sure what that says about her future! Her favorite game is to play chase with her daddy. He'll pound on the floor and she starts running and laughing as fast as she can!

Here are some recent pictures at the zoo. Montgomery has a nice zoo. It is much smaller than Birmingham, but the animals are REALLY close. She can see them all. One day the rhino came so close it felt like we could reach out and touch it. She was motioning it to "come here" with her hand and as it started coming closer she turned around and grabbed onto my neck. It really scared her. Now for me...the scariest is the tiger. It is inside a huge piece of glass, but it literally came and stared into her little eyes and I just about died.





Last weekend was the Auburn/Mississippi State game. She was all dressed in her MSU smocked dress and her Auburn bloomers ready for the game.




Unfortunately, Chris Relf fell short of the goal line and so did she...


Aubie prevails once again! There's always next year???




Many of you have asked if I like staying home and if I miss school and the answer to both of those is yes and no!

I love being home with Kathryn, however I am an extreme extravert and have a real problem getting anything done. I do better the busier I am, but when I feel like I have all the time in the world - I get NOTHING done. Truly, I have felt bad and have slept literally whenever Kathryn is asleep. We have found things to keep us busy though. Monday we go to Kindermusic. Tuesday she goes to Mothers Day Out. Wednesday to BSF and to Wednesday night church. Thursday and Friday we are open for playdates and friends to come over (whenever we have a house).

Here is a picture of her going to her first Mothers Day Out.



Good-bye for now! Hopefully it won't take me two months to find time to blog!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the post, Betsey! I loved seeing you and Kathryn the other day. I am so excited for your new addition. Glad you are so happy and things have worked out so well for your family. Selfishly, I do miss you!

    ReplyDelete